Sunday 22 September 2013

Walk a long the river Allen

22nd September 2013
Today I was up early well not that early  for my BTO Webs Survey ( wet land bird survey) a long a section of the river Allen in Dorset. To count the ducks and what other birds that might be using the river.
River Allen
 
In a hours walk me and my son counted 57 Mallards, 10 Mute Swans and one Moorhen using the river and the banks. others birds seen on the walk were another 5 Mute Swans flying high over  the river and town, Robins, Blackbirds, 5 Magpies , Black-Headed Gulls, Carrion Crow, Woodpigeons, Jackdaws, Blue tits, Great tits and 2 Dunnocks.

.Then it was back home to  carry out my garden birdwatch, with only a couple of birds recorded again using the feeders these were as follows. Blue tit, Dunnock, Starling, Great tit, Robin and a Woodpigeon.

After that the day was busy with me having to clean out 3 tropical fish tanks, the first tank I did a water change on was my 4 foot Tanganyika tank were I keep a small group of young Tropheus and 3 catfish this tanks demands a large water change of at least a 100 litres of water each week. From there I went and changed my two smaller tanks in these I have a small group of Mulitfaciatus in one and in the other I have 6 very young Tropheus which came from my main group. So I did not have much time to get out and go birding.

No comments:

Post a Comment