Saturday 9 November 2013

Twitching

All hope is lost now I am becoming a twitcher as today I went to see a bird that as been reported at Brand's Bay the last couple of days. So with the weather wet dark and foreboding in my home town I set off on the 25 mile journey to find the weather there not as bad a bit blustery and chilly.
On arriving I asked a couple of birders if the bird was still about and they pointed me in the right direction to the bird and with a very distance view through my binoculars I found the bird a Surf Scoter, a lifer for me, but only at a distance, though the birder let me have a look through is scope and I had a better view of the bird thanks to this chap.

Walking towards Bramble bush bay I came across a group of 11 Oystercatchers, 10 Brent Geese, 3 Little Egrets, 1 Curlew, 2 Wigeon and another lifer Red- Breasted Merganser. So all in all not a bad first twitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment