Saturday 18 June 2016

17th June 2016

I had a couple of hours early evening walking round the South Lake at Longham, Swifts , Swallows and House Martins in the air wheeling this way and that hawking insects with superb agility.
Out on the water I counted  Tufted Duck c113 there must be nearly 200 tufted across the site as on the I had a walk round the north lake and counted 60 on the water that evening, Mallards c25, Mute Swan 20 and 2 Great Crested Grebe plus the usual coots and herring gulls.
A long the western side up to Samuels Wood the best was a Cetti’s Warbler on show for a brief second or two, a Whitethroat  a singing Chiffchaff.
While standing listerning to the bird song at the south west corner of the lake I watched two Stock Dove come in from the east and go in to Samuels Wood, then from behind the pools some Woodpigeons took the sky and suddenly out of no were a Peregrine comes bombing through heading north west across the lake. This Peregrine now brings my site list up to 82 for the year and the PWC,I hope to get a hundred species for the site by the end of the year but I think is going to be very hard going.
 
South Lake
 

No comments:

Post a Comment