Saturday 27 February 2016

8th Visit to Lytchett Fields the last for Month

Went off down to see the Water Pipits this afternoon to spend some time learning there plumage and ID features so I could familiar myself with them so I now what  I am looking having only ever seen one before. But they were not there this afternoon I scanned the Pools field thoroughly and only found a lone Collared Dove which was a surprise, a long the pool there were 16 Redshank and 6 Black-tailed Godwits.

 A long the lane I found the usual garden species like Blue Tits, Great Tits, Blackbirds and a Nuthatch along with Bullfinch.
Record Shot of a Bullfinch
I decided to go and look over French's and Sherford view points to see if the Water Pipits had moved over to there,but Alas they were now where to be found. Here I had a good view of a large flock of Dunlin wheeling about and some Lapwing again. I think there must of been c200 Dunlin scattered between the two site.

I managed to find and add four new birds to my Patchwork Challenge list today giving me a species count of 69 so far. The new birds are in bold

Collared Dove
Reed Bunting
Lesser Black-backed Gull
Feral Pigeon

A old shed

No comments:

Post a Comment